- Who we are
- What We Do
- Success Stories
- News & Events
- Contact us
Industry’s pioneer in IT software, Infrastructure solutions and Services.
Government operations are adopting Artificial Intelligence (AI) to offer better services to citizens. This is also part of the United Nations’ aim to implement e-governance to better support developing and under-developed countries in saving the government’s time and cost, which will boost economic growth driving factor.
How AI is Improving E-Governance
AI is being adopted in e-governance in several ways. Some governments are using AI to develop new tools for their online services. That said, here are some improvements AI is making in e-governance:
● Law Enforcement. A variety of law-enforcement tools, including facial recognition, speech recognition, drones, robocops, predictive analytics and cyber defence are emerging and providing additional insight into violations in the modern world. These systems are helping to solve problems faster. Additionally, they are helping to protect more people in high-risk areas.
● Routine Task Automation. AI can automate many things. For example, machines and programs can automate routine tasks in the public sector. In fact, AI can automate many administrative workflows, including payrolls and financial transactions. Not only does this increase productivity, but it also ensures higher-quality service to citizens.
● Privacy and Security Mechanism. E-governance traditionally comes with considerable risks. Collecting sensitive data is never a good thing. However, with the help of AI, users can ensure that the data is protected and secured. Moreover, it can anonymise the data so that it won’t affect the way it is used. This can help to protect the citizens’ privacy and grant access to data only when required.
● Disaster Response. Many developing countries are prone to natural disasters, floods, earthquakes and fires. But with AI, we can now use technology in helping to mitigate these disasters. With this, the government can provide better support to affected citizens.
Moreover, it is helping to save lives by analysing and understanding severe weather conditions. In instances, AI can also help to predict natural disasters. This can help everyone to stay safe and protect their lives and property.
● Public Infrastructure Maintenance. Cities and roads in the public sector need constant maintenance. But AI can be used to ensure that roads and infrastructure are in good condition. For example, AI can help monitor the condition of roads, bridges, and buildings to identify any potential issues. In the same vein, it can help prevent further damage.
● Transportation and Logistics. Transportation and logistics are essential for e-governance. Moreover, it is essential for the economy. With AI, we can use technology to automate transportation. This can help speed up the delivery process, save time, reduce human errors, and save money.
● Citizen-Facing Services. E-governance processes are not easy to manage. That said, citizens can have a hard time navigating the processes. This can result in inefficiency as well as low satisfaction levels. AI can help to develop intelligent systems that can understand and support people.
These systems can help to simplify the processes and make them easier to understand. They can even assist by making recommendations.
AI Saves the Day
Technology is changing the way e-governance works. Through AI, we are able to provide better services to citizens. Moreover, we are also able to solve issues faster. This can help save time and money that can be used to improve existing and develop new technologies.
Do you need reliable e-government software solutions? We can help you here at Informatics. Our wide range of solutions for e-governance will guarantee seamless operations. Get started with us today.
Written by Hiran Wickramasinghe